I purchased the head from an antique shop because the shop had nothing related to millinery in it that I could purchase at the time. It's just not a good idea to go into a store hungry (to purchase something); I don't care what type of store it is! Anyway, I've seen these heads popup on Ebay from time to time, and although some sellers make up some type of story for the purpose of generating a good sale, no one actually knows where they originated from. They are vintage; they are hand painted; and they are made of some type of light-weight composition material. Some believe that the mannequin heads were once department store displays. This one happens to be more detailed and in better shape than most I've seen, having only a small blemish over the mouth, and having a more detailed painted face.
I have never used this head because I felt that it just did not fit with the type of hats I make. If you win, it's possible that it could be yours for the taking. Just don't tell me later that a famous person made it, and that you're selling it for a million dollars; I just don't want to know. OK, so you don't want it either? Well sell the thing on Ebay. I want the space for another display I'm eying!
It just ran across my mind that I'm not giving you much of an incentive to enter my competition--a five section hat block, a vintage hat display..."she has to come up with better junk than that for me to enter." Well, I'll dig deeper, but I doubt it; stay tuned.
- You can only enter one (1) hat.
- You must be a follower of this blog. Click on the follow button in the right-hand column and follow the instructions. See image to your right.
- You must inter under your full name--not a screen name.
- No Anonymous entries will be excepted.
- This is an international competition. I will pay for and ship to the address given, but you are responsible for any problems that you may encounter on your side.
- Please read additional instructions here: http://hatstruck.blogspot.com/2014/06/millinery-competition-elegant-fun.html in one of my earlier blog posts.
Interested in entering another competition?
Please check out the Mad Hatters Society Group on Facebook. You may enter up to three (3) hats there. Plus it's a fantastict group! They are located at: https://www.facebook.com/groups ./madhatterssociety/
#HatstruckCoutureMillinery, #Hatstruck, #LeeDuncanMilliner, #MillineryCompetition, #MillineryContest, #HatContest, #HatCompetition