Anyway I need to generate some excitement around here. In order to keep doing this thing I have to keep myself entertained. So I thought, "What about a millinery contest?" I have no idea of its structure yet, but I'm thinking the following:
- Participants have to be a blog member;
- Three judges having varying tastes--HINT, HINT, are you interested?;
- Winning categories, maybe: (1) Most Innovative; (2) Most Representative of Theme; (3) Workmanship, (4) Best in Contest;
- Prizes: a box of goodies from me. I give pretty good gifts, even if I have to say so myself. My gift box would include, but would not be limited to; straws, leather and suede pieces, jinsin, fur felt, horsehair, hat stretcher, etc. I would also welcome sponsors--HINT, HINT--in order to give away even more goodies; and
- Other prizes would probably include a little cash or less millinery supplies.
I just figured out that I would drop the second and third places and award gifts only to the winning categories. Oh, I changed again: Best in Contest, being also first place and there would be a second place--who knows at this point. The Best in Contest would be the highest winner, picking up the majority of the category places, one having to be workmanship.
I figure that all of us are at different levels in our millinery journey. Some may not possess the workmanship skills, but may have great design (maybe another category) skills, or they may be very innovative. I would love for all to be comfortable submitting a hat. I must admit that I have a thing for workmanship. However, in the real world innovation and design many times win out. But I have to restate that in order to win the Best in Contest, workmanship has to be in place; this I will definitely not change!.
What do you think?