Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Couture Hat Should Be Beautifully Displayed: Introducing Lily Decoeyes




She has finally arrived, my Lily. Lily is a precise replica of a 1940s store display mannequin head created from an original mold from that era. My Lily is a little different from the original Lily. You see, this Lily is a lady of color. Chances are she would not have been displayed in a department store during the 40s. Lily was chosen as one of the ladies of color, as told to me by JR (Decoeyes owner), because of her delicate features and her hair style.

There were a couple of reasons I just had to have this Lily, one reason being that she looks very much like my favorite aunt, my father's sister, except for the light eyes. My aunt is 86 now, but she still has that elegant 40s style. Another reason I chose this Lily is because the mass produced mannequin heads usually have a brownish-green-gray color. Unfortunately, my photography skills are not that great, so you will have to go to the Decoeyes site to see how beautifully hand painted she is. Lily is not mass produced, and she is lovingly casted and painted by JR and his wife.  Their son serves as the Webmaster for their Web site. So stop by Decoeyes at www.decoeyes.com and check out the beautiful displays.

8 comments:

  1. DEAR LEE,
    CONGRATULATIONS ON LILY.
    SHE IS STUNNING. HER FEATURES ARE SO VERY PRETTY. YOU CERTAINLY FOUND, (I MEAN BOUGHT) A JEWEL.
    THANKS FOR SHARING HER
    HAVE A SUGAR SWEET DAY
    HUGS
    SIMPLY DEBBIE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Ms. Lee, the pics are ALL awesome and so elegant. Rose from Dallas

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, I've just discovered your blog, and can't believe my luck! great that you exist in the blogosphere, and lady, you've just won a big fan. thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lee -

    Lily is stunningly beautiful! Can't wait to check out the DecoEyes web site. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Colleen, I can't wait until your next post.

    ReplyDelete